1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Well, if I had my druthers I'd throw everything in Walmart bags and put them under the tree. But I don't. Have my druthers that is. What are druthers anyway? Whatever. I don't have them. And we wrap our gifts.
2. Real tree or Artificial?
3. When do you put up the tree?
If I'm on top of my Holiday game, it's up the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down?
Usually on New Years Day. I can't stand to have it up much past that.
5. Do you like eggnog?
I sure do! And I'm pretty shocked that each of my kids do, as well.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I'd have to say the year I received my Cabbage Patch and Care Bear together. That was a GREAT year. :)
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My boys, but only because I don't understand all of those "boy" things that they are into. I guess it's because I'm a GIRL. However, I am married to an overgrown boy who always knows exactly what they want, so no one knows how clueless their Mama is. I will say that I am the one who surprised everyone...and I do mean the Overgrown Boy included....with a Wii this Summer, so that bought me some serious gift-giving points.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Pffft. Neither. I've released myself from Christmas Card Bondage years ago. Freedom is amazing and you should try it. Actually, nevermind, because if you heed my advice I won't love my mailbox as much as I do this time of year. Moving along...
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
In advance, I must apologize to my Mom for revealing this terrible lapse in judgement, but the horror happened somewhere around the 5th grade and it was at the hands of the woman who bore me.
It was this denim shirt thing with pink leather tassels ALL over it. Dear GRA-CIOUS. It was truly heinous. TRULY. And she really could not understand why I wasn't wearing it and then begging for her to wash it so that I could wear it again.
I didn't want to hurt her feelings because she was SO happy about this gift, but I probably still need therapy over that little nightmare of Christmas past.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Ummmmmm.... Grinch? Frosty? Rudolph? All of those old kid's movies. LOVE. THEM.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I'm not consistent enough from one year to the next to say when I traditionally do it, B.U.T. since I've only mentioned it 768 times, it bears repeating that I've jumped on the Black Friday bandwagon. The benefits continue long past that day because I have been done shopping since then and it feels amazing. ~happy, contented sigh~
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
Do people actually refrain from putting lights on their tree? Weird. Well, I guess it could be a fire hazard, but I've never heard of such.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Oh Holy Night. ADORE that song.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home, fo sho.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Probably, but I don't want to, so...next...
20. Angel on the tree-top or a star?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Morning! I'm so excited for the kids, too!
2. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Honestly, I've got a bit of a Grinch reputation because all of the materialism grates my nerves, but it's Christmas Eve, and I'm feeling pretty festive, so I will respectfully decline answering this question with my usual diatribe.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner?
What the heck? Didn't we cover this already on number 15?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
:~: Have a wonderfully blessed and MERRY Christmas, dear friends! :~: