Sunday, June 13, 2010

What if a Bug Flies Up His Nose?!

I got so tickled when I looked out the back door yesterday to see this Peeping Tom: :)



Actually, there was a gallon of sun tea steeping on the deck to his left and he was trying to figure out how to get around it in order to help himself to the birdseed that Mark put out. Ha! We perplexed the little fellow, for sure. ;) Isn't he cute, though?!

Today, after church, we dropped off one of our Boy Scouts for their annual week-long camp. They ALWAYS have a blast, but my motherly blood pressure is invariably raised, too, because:

1. It's 754 degrees in the shade out there.
2. I'm afraid he won't drink enough water to replace lost fluids (wow... that is SUCH a "mom" statement, hee-hee... nevertheless, I'm undeterred).
3. Speaking of water, I worry about the lake, and the snakes that live within it.
4. I know he'll forget to apply his sunscreen.
5. What if it storms, like badly? Who will make sure he isn't scared if it's night-time?
6. What if a mouse gets in his tent? What if a tick gets on his back? What if....

You get the idea.

I know how nuts all of it sounds as soon as I see it in print! Yet, that's my boy, and I'm his Mama, so I kind of can't help it. It's part of the job description, I'm positive. However, I'm going to just trust my Father... his Father... and recite this frequently:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in all things in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, then the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7

I think I'll take some of that peace, with an extra helping of guarding the old heart and mind, thankyouverymuch!! :)

Now, I think I'll go curl up with my remaining Crew and watch a movie.
Have a wonderful Sunday!


sigtag1

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Gayle~ I'm just like you when one of my kids goes off to camp. Fortunately (for me, not them) neither of the girls are going this year!

Caroline said...

Thanks chicka! Now I am worried about the bug that just might fly up my boy's nose. ;-)

I'll text S and make sure he tells your boy to drink lots of fluid and put on his sunscreen.

There.

Better? ;-)

Tess said...

Two of my girls will be going to camp for a week in two weeks. I think you accurately described my mommy thoughts! I really enjoyed this post! ~Tess (from the Crew and I'm now following your blog!)

Lori Watson said...

Hi Gayle! I noticed you commented on my blog and introduced yourself as one of my Crewmates. I am actually your First Mate and sent an email out last week but haven't heard back from you. I resent this morning, but seeing the intro comment on my blog, it made me wonder if you hadn't received my welcome email! Just thought I'd pop over here and try to communicate this way, just in case. The email address you should be looking for is Brightiiiz at aol dot com and the title says 2nd email- TOS Crew welcome, please respond

Looking forward to working with you on TOS Crew! :-)

Rodna Allman said...

Oh my, I feel ya, I don't know if I could send my son to camp. What would he do without his mamma?
LOL

Leanne said...

Hey, those are just your typical mommy concerns, and it's understandable!! I get it too...

Give yourself a break.

That verse really helps, especially if you post it in your home, doesn't it?

Take care.