Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's goooone

Have you ever become so stupidly obsessed with something that it takes up your whole being? Well, that was me with my new template. And as you can see, it was an obsession that yielded little fruit. I will not risk boring your flip-flops off with all of the gory details, but let's just say that I had a vision and it involved HTML.
I knew exactly what I wanted for my fresh, new home here at blogger, so I set off to find the perfect background and graphics, ect. In the end, I actually CREATED a background in my paint program (no small feat), uploaded to my photobucket account, and then set off into the dark hollows of HTML. It took me alllllll day long, and I wasn't even halfway through with my self-appointed task.
And then, I did it.
I accidentally deleted the whole darn thing. You think losing a post is bad? Oh man! This was borderline hysteria. I literally turned off the computer and decided not to touch anything blog-related for one entire day.
So here it is, my template. Just like any other one you can get, and that is ok by me.
I am going to try to get some pictures and stuff posted to my sidelines over there, but nothing fancy-schmancy, because I am over it. Really.
Have a great day everyone!

8 comments:

javamamma said...

Welcome to blogger! I can feel your pain on losing all your hard work. I have painful memories of working at our church,having our bulletin laid out and done and then my [then] 18 mo. old pushing the OFF button. Noooooo.... Many times I'd end up in my associate pastor/husband's office in tears.
Anyways, I'm glad to have 'easy access' to your blog. Be back soon!

Gayle said...

Welcome! I'm so glad you're here!!!

Gayle

Meliss said...

Hi Gayle!

I'm sorry for all that work down the drain! I wish that I could help you with it.

Sooooo, I take it that the last update to HSB didn't really improve things much?

One thing I really like about blogger: multiple tags for one post!

Anonymous said...

Hey and welcome! Looking forward to your wit! :-) And some smart alek...

Andrea said...

Yeah!!!! you're over at blogger now.
I always hated having to type my name on your other blog!

Caroline said...

Yea! Love your new blog. I agree with Andrea....I always forgot to sign my name to my comments.

Did I ever tell you that I hear your voice in my head as I read your blog? Your writing makes me laugh!

:-D (You have to be creative with your smilies)

Anonymous said...

Gayle~
I'll miss you at HSB, but will remember to stop by and visit you here on occasion. I finally figured out how to add "other" friends to my sidebar, so I'll put you on there too!
Sorry about the HTML mix-up. Believe me, I've BTDT.
Heidi

SimpleFolk said...

Hi Gayle!
Oh, I feel your pain, BUT, I do love your simple blog. After all, we visit because of you and not a template, right? I miss chatting with you! Things have been a bit on the crazy side (and what's new? lol). Please stop by to see me when you can. :o)

Amy