Saturday, December 27, 2008

My All-Time Favorite Gift

I can honestly say that I received one of the best Christmas presents ever this year. It put the biggest smile on my face AND it made my heart melt.

About the time that the kids were halfway through opening their gifts on Christmas morning, Julianna stood up and handed me this:

You see, her Mama never did get around to taking the poor baby and her little brother shopping this year the way her older brothers got to do. I know. I stink. So she was forced to go on her own resourcefulness:


It doesn't get ANY better than that, I promise you. Even the gift card to my favorite restaurant with free babysitting didn't hold a candle.
But that's just my $.20 worth,
P.S. I hope every single one of you had a Mare Crsmes.

20 comments:

Halfmoon Girl said...

oh, oh, I love that. How very sweet-I can see why it is your favourite gift. I am sure you will tuck that one away to treasure!

Mocha with Linda said...

That one's a keeper for sure!

(Are you sure she didn't go to the Target that had the Valentines out before Christmas?!)

Meliss said...

That is so sweet! Thanks for sharing about your loving children!

BTW, I wish that every budding pianist could have a piano teacher like ours. God has truly blessed us and I pray that He will draw her to faith in His Son!

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

That is just TOO much.

My daughter used beads that they earn in class to buy us and my parents gifts. And she used points that she earns at church to buy me and her brother gifts. I love it when they do it on their own. TOO sweet.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

I don't know--I just came from Wowmart, and the Valentine's stuff was already out--maybe she slipped out and drove there without your knowledge.

Mikki said...

How adorable!! Her thoughtfulness and kind heart says a lot about her mommy too :-)

Growin' With It said...

i totally remember doing that as a kid. you work with what you've got! i'm expecting 20 dollar bills from my boys. naaa, j/k!

KarenW said...

Oh, how very sweet! Mare Crsmes to you too!

DaNella Auten said...

Awwwwww made me cry but a good one.

Maria said...

PRECIOUS! I am sure this is one gift you will not soon forget!!

The Farmer's Wife said...

Oh Gayle - that made my day. Thanks for sharing your treasure with us!

Happy, Happy, New Year!

Anonymous said...

That is priceless. LOVE IT!!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

Yup...this is why I LOVE being a mom!

Katie said...

I love it!

Sara@iSass said...

THAT is precious!

Anonymous said...

That is soo prayshus... What a sweet baby!

His Girl said...

laughed right out loud at this.

beyondo. so great. classic.

hahhaa.

Anonymous said...

Well, that made me a bit weepy. Children and their generosity when it comes to things that we tend to hold onto so tightly ($$) make me all ooey-gooey inside.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy-Still His Girl said...

I loves you, too.

So sweet.