Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sparkling Sparklers

I wish I could convey to you just how lazy I feel today. I don't want to do anything except lay (lie? I always mix those 2 up...) around and watch t.v. and sleep at random intervals.
Yesterday wasn't much better in the heifer realm, but I did manage to make it to my Mom's for a cookout before heading into the city for some fireworks.
They were very pretty but we enjoyed watching the kids with their sparklers more than anything. I guess I could get up and go load the pictures...
Hold on, I'll be right back....(cue elevator musak)
.
.
.
Well, if you were really holding on, you'd be stinkin' mad by now because that took FOR-EVER! Here is a word to the wise, do not ever use the "fireworks" option on your camera unless you want all your pictures to look like this:

It's like viewing the sparklers through Jim Morrison's eyes, huh? May he R.I.P. and all that....and can I just say that I really can't stand his music...I mean, I know it's wrong to speak ill of the dead and all, but I hated the garbage even when I was an unsaved teen and it was cool to like it. Hated it.

ANYWAY.

Here are a few that I was able to salvage:

And a good time was had by all. I guess I had better go do something about that laundry now since it isn't doing itself. Happy 5th to you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time I see you, tell me where y'all went! Did your town have fireworks?
Caroline

Mikki said...

I played around with my fireworks option too. Just haven't put up any pictures yet.
Looks like you had a good fourth.

Must be something in the fumes from the fireworks because I've been feeling lazy all day too. :-)

KarenW said...

I don't even know if my camera has a fireworks option. Sounds interesting. My laundry isn't behaving either and I need to get packing!

Katie said...

I love fireworks and sparklers too! I've never tried the fireworks setting on my camera although I guess tonight I will :-)

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

It's all about the tripod and shutter speed.

I love your sparkler pics. I've never been much into them and feel like I'm missing a opportunity for pictures.

I personally won't bother really trying to photograph things like fireworks again until my kids are WAY older. It's hard to take pictures while carrying a screaming 3 year old back down the street. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself! I'll be back!

carrie said...

I don't even have a fireworks setting on my camera. Now I don't feel bad since it's apparently worthless.

That's kind of how the "self portrait" setting is on mine. Total crap.

When do we get to see your new haircut?