Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tomato Basil Salad


This W.F.M.W. has a theme this go-round, and it's one that I happen to think is brilliant! We are supposed to post a recipe that has 5 ingredients or less and I knew the perfect one. I serve it as a side dish a bunch during the Summer because I usually have all of the stuff I need on hand.

And here is the stuff (as I go all Pioneer Woman on you...)

Fresh basil, tomatoes (any size, I just happened to have cherry), fresh mozzarella and balsamic vinaigrette.

That's it.

Now you just chop the tomatoes and the basil, tear the mozzarella and pour on your vinaigrette. Then you toss it together and throw it back.

Does it get any easier? No. Do it get any yummier? Well, maybe, if you're craving chocolate or something, but it's certainly up there on the tasty scale.


For more great and easy recipes on this fine W.F.M.W., head to rocksinmydryer.net

10 comments:

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Yummy! Wish I could stop over this afternoon and have some with you! :)

javamamma said...

I've had this before and now I know how to make it - woohoo! Thanks!

Halfmoon Girl said...

yummers! I may make that for a potluck. My family doesn't like tomatoes, except for me, so I will have to wait to take it somewhere.

Diane Meyer said...

This is exactly why I love summer. Tomatoes and basil...YUM! Well, and a mojito, maybe. :-)

Finding Normal said...

Oh yum! I'm waiting for the tomatoes to actually arrive on the plants, but this is what we'll be having with the first batch!

Growin' with it said...

oh man, i am always the boring iceburg lettuce, tomatoes and if i'm feeling dangerous...a crouton or two. so this actually does look easy and i just might try it! at least i'll feel all healthy. i loved today's wfmw...there's like 300 some listed and i just see that as almost a whole year menu planned w/ 5 ingredients or less! cool, huh?

Megan said...

this looks great. kind of like a salad I get at Panera's - now I can make at home!

The Correspondent said...

I can't tell you how glad I am that you posted this recipe -- It's my kind of food!

Great PW visuals, too, by the way.

KarenW said...

You have terrific recipes! I'm going to try this one out too. Thanks!

Duckygirl said...

Yummy! I've tried a lot of salads with Italian dressing but this vinaigrette sounds great!

-Laura

(the word verification thing at the bottom says 'at pms' hahaha, just thought I'd share)