Friday, August 10, 2007

Food For Thought

Alright, I soooo said that I wasn't going to complain...and I won't. I will simply reiterate that it is blazing hot here! We went to the pool yesterday where I perched myself right there in the water with the kids. When we got home, however, it was seriously 87 degrees in this house...with the A.C. on....and not broken. The heat index outside was 110 - How heinous is that? Needless to say, I was NOT going to turn on the oven to cook supper, so I made the yummiest Summer fare.

It was Giada's Herb Stuffed Tomatoes...and lemme tell ya...THIS is the bomb, girls. Soooooooooo good and easy (just be sure if you actually do make this, to use 1 clove of chopped garlic in the mixture-VERY important...makes the dish...k, moving on...). I used the toaster oven for that and then made some Pasta Italiano from Rice-a-Roni on the stovetop. I also cut up some fresh honeydew and put it in the freezer so that it would be good and chilled when it was time to eat. The house didn't heat up any further and we ate well. I wish I would have taken a picture because it all looked so refreshinly Summery...but I wolfed it down too fast. Please do try this, though, you will not be sorry.

I am thinking I am going to head back to the pool today. I will probably swing by Sonic to grab some cherry limeades before we go though, because, you know, they're good. I really do love Summer with all its flavors. What's your favorite thing to eat/drink during these hot months?
Have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

javamamma said...

Your summery meal sounds fabulous! I haven't turned on my oven AT ALL except to make a couple cakes for daughters bday. I've used the crockpot some but mostly the microwave and stovetop or made meals that were non-cooked. I definitely will be trying the tomatoes sometime soon! Thanks.

Anonymous said...

We frequent Sonic during the summer as well...my kiddos love the Rootbeer floats...

It has been beyond warm here as well. My inlaws pool has been registering at 94* - not worth swimming to me...

~christa~

Halfmoon Girl said...

My goodness! HOw do you survive??? The hottest it really gets in my part of BC is about 30 celcius, which is 86 F. We usually have a bit of a breeze off the ocean too. I can't imagine! I feel blessed to live in a part of the world where the weather doesn't inhibit activity- unless you don't like rain. We don't get much snow in these parts, but lots of rain in fall, winter, and spring! We just pretend we are ducks.

penny1010 said...

Vine ripened tomatoes are my favorite summertime food! There's nothing better tan a tomato sandwich on toasted bread with extra mayo and salt!!!
The frozen honeydew melon sounds yum!

Meliss said...

I would so try your recipe except for the pesky gluten-laced bread crumbs. :)

Thanks so much for sharing about the way God lovingly spoke to your heart. He is good!

Anonymous said...

Cherry Limeades from Sonic!! Can you beat sonice drinks, honestly? Love you blog! Hope you are having a good day.
Take Care