Sunday, August 5, 2007

Update

I am a firm believer that God is completely in control of all things. I know that He never gets blindsided or worried or anxious for anything....or He wouldn't tell us repeatedly not to be that way. So, I am completely trusting Him since it is not going to work out for my sister to come here now. For legal reasons, she cannot bring her baby across state lines without permission from his Dad, and he won't do that. She is still very much alone up there and she is still very much in need of our prayers.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. I praise God with all of my heart even when He tells me "No". Because I know that His decisions are the very best thing in the end.
Back to our regularly scheduled programming...

10 comments:

javamamma said...

Praying for a massive break-in from God in your sister's situation.

Gayle said...

He knows all the details as well as the outcome of what's going on. So your right, even if we don't understand it, He does!

Praying for you and your family.

Gayle

Gayle @ thewestiecrew said...

Emily,
It would take me an entire weekend just to get to her (she is about 20 hours away). I would love very much to be there with her right now, but for several reasons, it just isn't possible.
I appreciate the thought though...

Justabeachkat said...

I've just said a prayer for this situation and will continue to do so.

Hugs!
Kat

Cindy-Still His Girl said...

Just checking in on you; seeing how you're feeling. I'm praying for you!

Karen Hossink said...

You're absolutely right, Gayle. It doesn't make sense to argue with God's best.
I'm praying, too.

A Captured Reflection said...

Ah this is a hard one. I am starting to learn (yes it's taking me a long time) that sometimes what seems like God saying no, is not yet, or I want to put some other stuff together first and make it even better than you think it can be. But in the midst it's not the easiest. xxx

KarenW said...

Praying for your sister!

Brigitte said...

God knows best. He can see our futures and he can see beyond the here and now and the pain we feel now to what He has planned for us. We need to stay in His word and trust Him regardless. Remember his word sayas that He knows theplans He has for us...

Have faith. Your sister is being carried up to Him in prayer and He will protect her.

I will keep you all in my prayers too.

Lots of love!

ConservaChick said...

Prayer DOES work; and I will be honored to pray with you. We have some family "stuff" too and while I feel so helpless, knowing that God IS in control has given me so much peace. I pray for your continued peace as well. ~Karlie